Monday, February 22, 2016

A thought to ponder AND a great accessory you need

I never leave home without it. I am on it more than I would like to admit, and without a doubt, it has become a vital part of my life. The smartphone. That little technology gadget that has revolutionized the term phone. It isn't a phone, really. It is a computer. A tiny little computer that never leaves my side. 



When I was in journal high, I imagined a classroom with 10 computers for students to use. Now I work in a classroom where each student has their own personal computer, and many have more than one. I live in a world where a computer can be found on a pair of glasses or even a watch. When I was your age, the closest we got was the Casio Calculator Watch. Yes, people wore these. We were cool. Do not judge us. 








I have a question, though. Has the smartphone made us smarter? Has this piece of technology helped us or is it the opposite? Are we relying on this piece of technology more than we are relying on our own knowledge? What are your thoughts? 



By the way, if you want a calculator watch, you can get them in different colors now. 

Yea, those weren't available back in my day. 

7 comments:

  1. I really don't thing it makes us smarter. For one thing it does things for us such as math. It also has things such as auto correct that spells for you.So what Do I think I think NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that smartphones are not making us any smarter than what we are now. For example, whenever we need to work out a math problem,we rely on the calculators on our smartphones instead of thinking through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think smart phones have made us dumber because we do not have to do any thing we don't have to know how to spell thanks to spell check, we don't have to shop any more at stores thanks to Amozon, and we don't have to talk to people any more thanks to texting or DMing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think smart phones are not to smart these days. They are able to download to much stuff that is not needed. Not saying that my smartphone is not full of stuff but.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have much more information now that I can Google anything I wonder about. So does more knowledge equate to being smarter?

    ReplyDelete