Saturday, March 5, 2016

Almost too late...why?

Today, after half a week of a super sick toddler, my mother (known as Cookie to her grandkids) picked up Grant (much to his delight!). He woke up saying, "Papa! Cookie! Need my soootcase. In my closet, Mommy! Get clothes!" Seriously. First words. I am glad he shows this much excitement for them. It makes me happy. 

So, the title said I was almost late. I am sure you are thinking that I did my have a toddler, so why in the world am I almost late posting?! Simple. Date day. How did we spend our day? Well...like most young couples of toddlers.


 Chores. 

While Adam took down some trees in the backyard (my lumberjack!), I washed, vacuumed, and detailed our car. If you know me, you know that is a pretty big deal. After the yucky chores were out of the way, we settled in for some bagel pizzas (dinner of champs) and our favorite activity...board games. 

Tonight consisted of two rounds of Takenoko and two of the card game Aquarius. During that time, while trying to share some of my strategy for being Adam in Takenoko every time we play, I accidentally said something about needing to think critically and always be a step ahead. As you can imagine, that didn't go over too well. Luckily for me, he was able to laugh it off, and the one time he beat me in Aquarius proclaimed it was due to thinking ahead. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Love games, although my family can't understand why I am not competitive when I play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you got a date night and your toddler got time with his grandparents.

    ReplyDelete