Sunday, March 6, 2016

Little Mexico

Just thinking the name makes my mouth water. Little Mexico. My all time favorite restaurant, and I was able to eat there today. It is such a treat to walk through the doors. I have been visiting this restaurant for 30 years. Yep, the day before I was born, 30 years ago later this week, my parents ate there. My mother has been eating at this restaurant since SHE was a little girl. It is our family's favorite place to go.

But it has a downside.

It is an hour and a half from my family home. I grew up driving an hour and a half to eat Tex Mex. My mom grew up driving an hour and a half to eat Tex Mex! Now, on any given weekend, I will pick up the phone, tell my mom to get dressed, and drive just over an hour and a half to eat Tex Mex!! Unfortunately, when Adam and I got married, we didn't wind up any closer. We settled about the same distance from the restaurant doors.

I know it sounds crazy to think we drive that far to eat and get back in the car to drive home. It doesn't just sound crazy...it IS crazy! But what can I say? We are a crazy bunch of people!

3 comments:

  1. It must be good. Have you considered moving?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not crazy. I do the same to eat food that's worth the drive. When we travel places, we need to try the cuisine that is famous in that place. Keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's awesome to have that restaurant a fav. for so long. I'd travel that long for great food!

    ReplyDelete