Thursday, March 3, 2016

The sounds

Barking. Constant barking echoes through the neighborhood. Usually accompanied by my own dog, Creed.

Chirping. Constant chirping drifting in the open windows thanks to the feeders my sweet husband keeps stocked.

Talking. Constant talking from a two year old that has found his voice.

Rocking. Constant rocking coming from the recliner as my husband sits and relaxes.

Laughing. Constant laughing coming from the episode of Full House that no one is watching, but that is serving as background noise.

The sounds of my afternoon. No, there isn't any peace here. There is lots of noise. But I love it.

9 comments:

  1. This is a simple Slice that perfectly captures a moment. Do you mind if I use it as one of my Be Inspired posts when I host the challenge next week? Please email me your permission at danamurphy143[at]gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the word constant over and over....I kept thinking as I read she must be ready for some quiet. Glad you love the noise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think I would be going crazy, but quiet honestly, the noise reminds me of all I have to be thankful of!

      Delete
  3. Lovely sounds indeed and a lovely poem/post. Being in the moment, especially with young kids is a must. They grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea- focusing on a single sense and using it to write a slice. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been so inspired by all the different writing styles I have been reading that I stepped out of my comfort zone a little!

      Delete
  5. I can hear the world around you! Love that you isolated each sound...what a beautiful melody!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing a little piece of the afternoon at your house. Sounds like a fun and warm place to be. Little 2yo voices are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke,
    Love this singular focus on what you could hear! Elegant but so VERY descriptive!

    ReplyDelete