Monday, March 7, 2016

Winning...the Spring Break way




Today is the first official day of our spring break, and I am winning! One full day in pajamas! I don't know what it is about staying in my pajamas all day, but it makes me feel like I am on top of the world! The first Christmas with my husband's parents, we had been go go go the entire week. I was so done! I will never forget the look on their faces when I said that I didn't care what THEY did, but I was in my PJs the whole day. I felt like a winner then as well.

Now, truth be told, at first this morning, I did NOT feel like a winner. We drove to my parent's house last night (after Little Mexico, see yesterday's post 😁) and were waking up early to go to the World Aquarium in Dallas. I was so excited! I woke up bounding through the living room as if it the calendar showed Christmas Day, not Monday. However, the stomach bug that has wrecked my little boy's body has decided to rebound, so the trip was canceled. I tried to be a big girl about it...but that has been all I have wanted to do with my little family for months!

Oh well, I lost that round, but so far I am winning the PJ round!

3 comments:

  1. All day PJ days are the best! I'm sorry that you had to miss your aquarium trip. I hope your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to love those days that stretched forever - with my kids. Have a wonderful March break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Spring break . . . and the freedom of PJs. Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete